This is a long term temporary position working in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Person is primarily responsible for supporting the enterprise IT client experience and working with the Architecture team, operations, engineering, and applications teams, as well as participating in the architectural process for all client-impacting technologies.
• Participates with Server and Network teams, the Global Infrastructure Services team, and Service Delivery to support the standard operating environments and approved hardware for a large manufacturing enterprise system.
• Provides support within the context of IT Service Management and ITIL processes
• Ensures proper implementation and support for enterprise hardware and software, according to plans and designs.
• Responsible to maintain operations, security, compliance, and customer satisfaction
• Helps to identify solutions to maximize efficiency, solve operational problems, and minimize operational costs.
• Serves as a 2nd level escalation point for complex technical support issues.
• Assists architecture team in the development and refinement of future client technology solutions.
• Collaborates with Information Security, Network Services, Server Services, Global Infrastructure Services, Service Desk, and internal customers to ensure efficient operation of client devices.
• Provides technical support to appropriate personnel on complex system administration activities.
• Researches current system technology in order to maintain expertise.
• Provides “smart hands” support for network and server teams
• May participate in on-call service rotation, and may provide 24 x 7 production support on a rotating basis, as part of the global support team. Performs occasional night/weekend work as assigned.
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years’ experience
• Microsoft Enterprise technologies for the support of Client applications and Infrastructure, including the Microsoft Desktop and Windows
• Optimization Pack suite of technologies, software deployment with LANDesk, OS deployment with appropriate technologies
• Enterprise client hardware support of Lenovo, HP, and other enterprise appropriate solutions - designing support strategies for client hardware
• Possible experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI - VMWare/Citrix/Microsoft, etc.) and Application Virtualization (Citrix, App-V, Microsoft, etc.)
• Basic technical comprehension of networking components, including data communications over wired and wireless infrastructure
• Best practices for securing and managing a global enterprise across multiple locations and business units.
• Technical Certification or Associate Degree
• Primarily day shift hours- with the availability to be on-call
• Pre-employment background screening
• Pre-employment drug screening
If you have already applied with us and completed the interview process and are interested in this position, please contact our office at 319-385-1724