Residential retirement facility has an opening for a dietary aide. This individual assists in the kitchen area prior to, during, and after meals are served to the residents. Assists in maintaining kitchen work areas, and keeping equipment, utensils and food plates clean and orderly.
Dietary aides report to Manager, Assistant Manager and Cooks
Commercial dishwasher and other standard kitchen equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Washes dishes, tableware, glasses, and other kitchen and dining room equipment and assures they are stored in an orderly fashion.
• Assures work is performed in accordance with all federal, state, and facility regulations regarding sanitation and infection control.
• May be required to prepare and serve coffee, tea, juice etc.
• May be required to wash all pots, pans and cooking utensils used to prepare a meal.
• Required to assist in cleaning work areas, dining room floor, dining room tables, and dining room chairs after each meal and occasionally after special events, sweep and mop floor at the end of shift.
• May be responsible for between meal nourishment.
• May serve meals to residents in dining area. May assist with the pouring of the beverages at each meal.
• Required to assist in the cleaning of the kitchen equipment, food storage area, and supply areas according to the facility schedule.
• Required to remove garbage from the kitchen and to clean trash containers.
• Required to perform duties in a swift and orderly fashion in order to accomplish tasks in allotted time.
• Assures personal compliance to all state and federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials, and fire safety.
• Assures personal compliance to resident’s rights.
• Follows safety procedures as stated in dietary service manual.
• Complies with schedule as established by Dietary Manager.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
Employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although they may not be a requirement of the job. Lifting and carrying 10-25 lbs constantly and up to 50 occasionally. Reaching, pulling and pushing, grasping with hands and fingers continually. Standing and walking constantly.
6 AM to 1 PM with rotating weekends
$8.25 per hour
If you have already applied, please call us at (563) 242-1078. If you are new to Temp Associates, click the Apply Now button below.